I like to travel,

and now that I've graduated from college and have a full-time job, I finally have the time and the finances (sometimes) to quench my wanderlust. since I can't take you all with me (though I wish I could), I decided to keep you updated on my whereabouts via the blogosphere.

Friday, August 1, 2008

>>> aaaand 27 hours later…

GEEZ that was a long journey. We left my house sometime after 10pm and after a quick stop to return beer to QFC (yes) and fill up on gas, we made pretty good time to the border. But then we got lost for an hour trying to get to Nicko’s aunt’s house in West Vancouver. I definitely fell asleep on the way and didn’t even realize anything was wrong when I woke up until I checked the clock. 2am --- sheeeesh. We all pretty much crashed, but not before we agreed that we would depart for Calgary at 7am.

Cut to 7am --- we’re all still sleeping. Wait, cut to 6am first, when my alarm woke me up and I turned it off and went back to sleep. Nicko finally woke me and Chan up at 8am and after some showering and eating, we left West Vancouver a little bit before 11am.

The drive was not toooo bad; Nicko drove for most of the time, only getting a break when Rick drove. I rode bitch almost the entire way, which I didn’t really mind except when I fell asleep it was awkward and Nicko got some really lame pictures of me sleeping. Hopefully those won’t ever get circulated on the internet. Anyway, for the most part we slept or just listened to music, stopping only a few times for gas, for food (at Tim Horton’s), and a couple of run-ins with the wee-ooh-wee-ooh-wees. Yes, we were stopped twice in one day. Don’t ask. We even saw a bear chilling on the side of the highway; it looked like he was leaning with his elbows on the guardrail. Do bears have elbows? I don’t know.

We had hoped that by some miracle we’d get to Calgary quicker than the estimated 11 hrs and 38 minutes that Mapquest stated it would take to get there, but it was actually pretty accurate. We rolled up to Tita Neneng’s house at around 11:45pm (MST) --- about 11 hrs and 45 minutes after we’d left Vancouver. Granted we did drop Vin off at home first, but still… It was a long journey.

We hung out with whoever was still at the house until 2am, and now my brother, my dad, and I are at a family friend’s house about to go to sleep. I am exhausted and I’m sure my dad is too (my dad and the rest of the Seattle fam left the Seattle area at about 6:45am and didn’t arrive in Calgary until 10pm MST --- they definitely had a lot of stops along the way), so I don’t think we’re even going to think about leaving the house until 11am. Whew.

The plan for tomorrow (technically today) is to hit up 17th Ave and Chinook for shopping, and then the reunion officially kicks off with dinner at Tito Fred’s house. The guy cousins are already trying to corrupt Paco this time around and bring him to the peelers, but I keep threatening to smack them in the faces if they do. We’ll see what happens. We also have to find a way to pick Ricky up from the airport at midnight…

Anyway, my eyelids are drooping so that’s my cue. Stay classy, Seattle!

No comments: